Monday 12 August 2013

Mati Wants Somali Herders Out of Mwingi



Mwingi north MP John Mati has warned leaders over compromising with Somali herdsmen. He said leaders should stop this because the herders are killers.
"I am firm on my decision of evicting all Somali herdsmen in my area. I have cleared them out of my constituency to Mboga wells. I have taken them back to their land. If failing to trade with them means failure of developments, then let it be. Kambas do not like clashes and we should be left in peace," he said.
Addressing the congregation in the Gospel Outreach Church in Kyuso on Sunday, Mati said he moved all the herdsmen out of Ngomeni area. He said those in Kaningo also move out.
"Last year we lost five people in this constituency and they were all murdered by the Somalis just because they were refusing with their pastures. They grazed their animals in people's shambas and told Kambas that grass and water belongs to God so nobody should keep them off," Mati said.

No comments:

Post a Comment